My niece recently posted a list of questions she asked her young son, and shared his loving, adorable answers. I wish I’d done something similar when my son was his age. However, I firmly believe that it is never too late!
Behold, the 17-year-old perspective on the same questions. And, yes, I enjoyed going through these questions with my son. I hope he had just as much fun as I did.
- What is something mom always says to you?
- What makes mom happy?
- What makes mom sad?
When you don’t get anything for Mother’s Day from your favorite, most beloved son.
- How does your mom make you laugh?
When you get confused by memes.
- What was your mom like as a child?
Low-key “problem child”.
- How old is your mom?
- How tall is your mom?
- What is her favorite thing to do?
- What does your mom do when you’re not around?
I don’t want to know.
- If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Can’t decide between loudest scream, weirdest dance, or “used up the entire worlds supply of coffee beans”. On second thought, all three of those.
- What is your mom really good at?
Making incense. Your incense is the bomb.
- What is your mom not very good at?
Chess. “You’re not good at chess, mom. I would totally kick your ass.”
- What does your mom do for a job?
You make incense and other aromatherapy products. And probably sell them as drugs. Hard core drugs. Don’t put that, though.
- What is your mom’s favorite food?
The souls of the damned.
- What makes you proud of your mom?
Do I have to choose one thing here? I mean, somehow I didn’t wind up dead. Good job! … I’ve honestly never thought about specific things. I’m just proud of you because you’re the bomb, in general, pretty much.
- If your mom were a character, who would she be?
Probably Kanayamaryam, from Homestuck.
- What do you and your mom do together?
Make a lot of tasteless jokes in the car.
- How are you and your mom the same?
We finish each other’s … sandwiches.
- How are you and your mom different?
I crave change a lot more than you do.
- How do you know your mom loves you?
You’re very understanding about my stance on controversial issues.
- What does your mom like most about your dad?
I have no idea.
- Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
There are a few places. The garage, to work on her incense; Neesi’s house; Starbucks…
- How old was your Mom when you were born?
Hang on… ok… you were … ?? Thirty…two?? No… Thirty, right? No! You were 29.