My husband forwarded one of those inspirational meme-things you see going around the internet. I don’t normally forward them on, but this one had some words of wisdom we can all use. It was originally in .PPS slideshow format (with a nice soundtrack, I might add). There were 40 in the original deck. I picked out the best, least “cliche” phrases and corrected the spelling and grammar in a few places. I’m now passing on some words of wisdom. 🙂
1. Walk 10 to 30 minutes every day, and smile while you walk.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes every day. Shut the door to the room you are in and put up a “Do Not Disturb” sign if necessary.
3. Listen to good music every day. It is true food for the spirit.
4. When you wake up each morning, say the following:
“Today, my goal is ___________”
5. Live with Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Read more books than last year.
7. Look at the sky at least once a day and realize what a magnificent world in which you live.
8. Eat berries and nuts, drink green tea, and drink a glass of water each day.
9. Drink and a glass of wine each day. Make sure to make a toast to the bounty in your life, and do it with someone whose company you love.
10. Try each day to make at least 3 people smile.
11. Eliminate disorder in your home, your car and your desk, and let new energy flow into your life.
12. Don’t waste your precious time gossiping or regretting the past, dwelling on negative thoughts, or worrying about things beyond your control. Better to spend your energy on what is positive in the present.
13. Realize that life is a school and that you are here to learn. Problems are life lessons.
14. Smile and laugh more.
15. Don’t miss any opportunity to hug someone you appreciate.
16. Life is too short to waste it by hating someone.
17. You don’t have to win every argument. Just accept that you are not in agreement and you can agree to disagree.
18. Make peace with your past so you do not ruin your present.
19. You are in charge of your own happiness.
20. Remember that you don’t always have control over what happens, but you do have control over what you do with the experience.
21. Learn something new every day.
22. What other people think of you is of no concern to you.
23. Love your body and respect it.
24. No matter how good or bad the situation is, it will change.
25. No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed, and be there.
26. Every night before going to bed, say the following:
“I give thanks for ______________”
“Today I succeeded in ______________”
27. Enjoy life. You only have one opportunity. Make the best of it.
Happy Monday, everyone!